Thursday, March 10, 2011

Creating Activist Children

As an education major, I look back on all my experiences in school and think of all the things that we didn't do. In our social studies class we are learning about creating a socially just classroom. This is such a broad definition and can mean so many things.

I think it would be neat to create activist students at school. All kids need to care about something, anything. Some day I would like to have my classroom learn about organizations out there that are created to help those who are less fortunate than us.

I'm also a fan of American Idol and Chris Daughtry is one of my favorite artists. Every year on American Idol they have an episode dedicated to helping others, that episode is called "Idol Gives Back." I think it would be awesome to help students become aware of things that are happening around the world, good and bad. A great way to do this is to show them videos and websites about issues that are happening around our world and organizations that are created to help out these people.

Below I included a video by Chris Daughtry and a few links that some might be interested in.










http://one.org/us/

http://www.daughtryofficial.com/us/impact



No comments:

Post a Comment